The 2018 Hawkes Bay 4-Course Golf & Wine Classic (“the Tournament”) shall be under the management and control of PaR nz Corporate Events Limited t/as PaR nz Golfing Holidays, Tournament Committee whose decision on all matters relating to the Tournament shall be final.
- The Tournament will be a 72-hole (four rounds) single stableford event conducted from Monday 29 October 2018 to Friday 2 November 2018.
- Entries shall only be received on-line www.parnz.co.nz/tournaments with full payment.
- Entries will be taken up to the Tournament date unless filled prior.
- Prizes will be awarded daily, in addition to overall winners determined by the highest aggregate of stableford points over the four Competition rounds by handicap and gender division.
- A new 70+ age division has been introduced with overall prizes awarded.
- Concurrently there will be a Team Competition (4 players) stableford event with the team score being best 3 stableford scores each day culminating over all four rounds. There are 3 team divisions, mens, womens and mixed. Overall prizes will be awarded.
- Winners will be announced during the Farewell Prize giving Function on Friday 2 November 2018
- To comply with Licence Laws, all players must be over 30 years of age, as of the 29 October 2018.
- In the event that weather conditions prevent all the players from finishing their round, that Competition round will be cancelled and the tournament reduced accordingly.
- The field is limited to the first 220 entries received and confirmed on-online with full payment on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. All golfers entering on-line will receive an electronic confirmation of entry and payment receipt.
- Competitors must have an official New Zealand DOTGOLF Handicap, Australian Golf Link G.A. Handicap or an international equivalent. International players must provide prior to the tournament their membership number and golf association website for handicap verification.
- The maximum handicap index not exceeding 36.4 (men) and 40.4 (women). The committee accepts that handicaps may alter from the time of entry to the start of the tournament.
- All handicaps will be frozen for the duration of the Tournament as at Thursday 24 October 2018. The committee may adjust handicaps for competitors from other countries not using the course & player USGA slope system for handicapping.
- In the event that players are tied, a count-back to determine the winners or place-getter will be conducted as follows. A count back of the last 18 holes will be counted, and if still tied then the last 9 holes, then the last 6 holes, then 3 and then the last hole played. If still tied, the count-back will be decided by lot.
- Daily winners will also be announced in all divisions – players winning a prize on any day. Players may only win one aggregate prize. All prizes will be distributed in accordance with the Rules of Amateur Golf Status.
- The Tournament will be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Golf and such Local Rules as approved by the Tournament Committee.
- All competitors are responsible for all damage to hotel property including any damage in hotel rooms and / or golf carts.
- PaR nz Golfing Holidays reserve the right to change golf courses and venues to that which is advertised providing a replacement of a similar standard is substituted.
- In the event that you cancel, we will refund your full entry fee less $40 administration fee providing your cancellation has been received in writing. There are NO refunds where players cancel after the draw has been published on Monday 21 October 2018.
- Refunds for add-on booking arrangements such as hotels, airlines, rental car companies, golf courses etc. will only be considered based on what percentage we are able to secure from suppliers less the non-refundable deposit.
The 2018 Hawkes Bay 4-Course Golf & Wine Classic will be played on the four golf courses according to the following programme:-
- Round 1: Hastings Golf Club, Monday 29 October 2018
- Round 2: Maraenui Golf Club, Tuesday 30 October 2018
- Round 3: Hawkes Bay Golf Club, Thursday 1 November 2018
- Round 4: Napier Golf Club, Friday 2 November 2018
All players must register in person on Sunday 28 October at the Trinity Hill Winery from 2.00pm - 4.00pm. A complimentary wine tasting will be included.
The four golf clubs are offering special rates for practice rounds at times available on Saturday 27 October or Sunday 28 October. Please contact the golf courses direct to book your practice round. Use reference HAWKES BAY 4-COURSE CLASSIC when booking.
PaR nz Corporate Events Limited may arrange media promotion and publicity before, during and after the Tournament. Competitors assent to references to them and pictures of them appearing and being used for purposes determined by PaR nz Corporate Events Limited.
By entering this PaR nz Golfing Holidays event managed tournament, you agree to be added to the PaR nz Golfing Holidays database and to receive electronic on-going communications including email newsletters, electronic flyers, and materials as may be sent by post, including specific updates as they pertain to the event you have just entered.
NZ LICENCING LAWS (Clubhouse)
All players and partners participating in the 2018 Hawkes Bay 4-Course Golf & Wine Classic agree to comply with the NZ Licence Laws when entering and purchasing services from the four golf club venues. This may include providing your name and home address.
All competitors participating in 2018 Hawkes Bay 4-Course Golf & Wine Classic do so at their own risk; the Tournament Committee, PaR nz Corporate Events Limited t/as PaR nz Golfing Holidays, sponsors, host golf clubs and other suppliers of goods or services accept no liability for any death, injury, property loss or damage incurred during or arising out of any aspect of the conduct of the Championship. For all New Zealand and overseas golfers, PaR nz Corporate Events Limited t/as PaR nz Golfing Holidays strongly recommends travel insurance is taken by each person travelling. At each course a Health & Safety information advice sheet will be handed out, identifying all risk areas as identified. All players must take note of this and action accordingly.
The tournament committee shall consist of the tournament director and additional representatives from PaR nz Golfing Holidays. The Tournament committee reserves the right to amend any condition and / or to alter the number of playing days in the case of inclement weather. Should any individual course be forced to abandon / cancel play in any day, the number of tournament rounds contributing to the overall team and individual points will be reduced accordingly, regardless of whether some courses / players are not affected by such round cancellation.
The tournament committee reserves the right to not accept any entry, without having to give a reason. The tournament committee may accept entries from players, whose current handicap is higher than when they entered, providing all play is off the maximum handicap levels as stated.